News Live action Kong tv show coming soon

Discussion in 'Kaiju News and Rumors' started by Kevzilla, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Mecha Kaiju Forum Master

the Godzilla Guru likes this.
  2. the Godzilla Guru

the Godzilla Guru Mecha Kaiju Forum Master

3. SuperXAsh

SuperXAsh Neo Kaiju Forum Master

The synopsis has me worried, gotta be honest here. Courtesy of GeekTyrant:
    http://geektyrant.com/news/theres-a-king-kong-skull-island-tv-series-in-development

The series is described as being a "serialized, contemporary continuation of the classic franchise."

The story will center around a female lead with "a multicultural ensemble that will explore both the wonders and horrors of Skull Island and its origins." I enjoyed the most recent film Kong: Skull Island. It was a lot of fun and this new project has potential to be a very entertaining series, which is "backed by the estate of King Kong's creator, a key element when rebooting any franchise."

It's seemingly based primarily more on the awesome DeVito works, which were themselves a continuation/development of the original Cooper works. Which is great, DeVito's work is pretty frikkin' sweet, adding new layers to the original Kong Mythos in some pretty interesting ways. There's nothing wrong with wanting to do this...

It's just that when I read the words 'multicultural ensemble' and 'contemporary continuation'... I get images of both 2000's "Kong, the Animated Series", and Netflix's "Kong: King of the Apes" in my head. And that makes me... wary.

Hopefully it'll prove to be unfounded. But color me... cautiously interested to see where this goes.