Is Paul W.S. Anderson Planning a Monster Hunter Movie?!

Discussion in 'Kaiju News and Rumors' started by DinoGeekProductions, Jan 18, 2013.

1. DinoGeekProductions

DinoGeekProductions Mecha Kaiju Forum Master

You have may have guessed from the title, but rumor slipped out in September of 2012 that Paul W.S. Anderson may be planning a film adaptation of Monster Hunter. What's up, Paul? Looking to cash in on the sudden resurgance of monster flicks? If so, all the more power to you. I would have had little to no faith in a Monster Hunter movie turning out well to begin with, but I'd certainly go see one.
    http://collider.com/paul-w-s-anderson-monster-hunter/195264/

So would this be before or after his proposed Castlevania movie?
  2. Kaiju_Sensai

Kaiju_Sensai Mecha Kaiju Forum Master

Well since there isn't a whole lot of story he can't really mess up the translation much. His directing is very hit and miss though. Mortal Kombat was pretty good, AvP had its moments but sucked overall, and I really couldn't care less for Resident Evil. As long as it helps helps bring the franchise into the public eye I wish it success. Its a fantastic series that deserves way more recognition in this country.
  3. Orga777

Orga777 Boo Staff Member

Oh goodie. Can't wait for this. :dozing: With Anderson's name attached, I expect crap already.
  4. Kaiju_Sensai

Kaiju_Sensai Mecha Kaiju Forum Master

Could care less as long as it increases franchise awareness in the states.
  5. Cyanidenailbomb

Cyanidenailbomb Kaiju Forum Initiate

I can't think of too many ways he could possibly mess this movie up, but I wouldn't be shocked if he found a way. His butchering of the Resident Evil name still makes my blood boil.
  6. beastfromosaka

beastfromosaka Ultra Kaiju Master

the games really don't have much in the way of story so i don't see how this could go wrong. I'm willing to give it a chance if it gets made.
  7. DinoGeekProductions

My only real concern is that it retains the series' sense of fun, and that Mr. Anderson doesn't make this "dark and edgy."
  8. beastfromosaka

hmm good point
  9. DinoGeekProductions

10. SuperXAsh

SuperXAsh Neo Kaiju Forum Master

10 bucks says Milla Jovovich will be the main character. OR at least involved in some way. ;)
  11. DinoGeekProductions

Test footage for the picture. Color me pleasantly surprised, because the monsters look great. It also looks as though they haven't tampered with their designs in the least. Hopefully, this holds true to the finished movie:
    beastfromosaka likes this.
  12. beastfromosaka

looks decent for test footage
  13. SuperXAsh

SuperXAsh Neo Kaiju Forum Master

does look decent. though don't know how I feel about it being clearly set in our world.